Signify Digital Ltd Standard Terms & Conditions
- You are entering into a formal contract of work with Signify Digital Ltd (Company number: 11896713).
- By agreeing the quoted price and confirming the project you are instructing Signify Digital to carry out the work outlined in the proposal / specification document with reasonable and due care, in accordance with, and subject to these terms.
- Signify Digital reserves the right to use both initial creative concepts and final approved design work for the purposes of Signify Digital marketing activities (both online and offline) unless otherwise requested/agreed with you.
- Signify Digital Ltd is required to add Value Added Tax (VAT) @ the rate of 20% to it’s payments for Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.
Where there is a change of project scope requested by the client, Signify Digital will inform you of:
- the procedures for implementation of such change
- the effect on timing for delivery of the project; and
- the variation to the Fees. (Additional work will be quoted at the maximum rate of £50/ hour.)
Signify Digital reserves the right to invoice for any disbursements for part works carried out including third party costs incurred on a job should the job be put on hold by the Client for an unauthorised period of 4 weeks or more. In this instance the following procedures and terms will apply:
- The Client will be given a written warning notifying it of any unacceptable delays.
- In the instance of a project termination an invoice for hours spent on the project will be raised. This invoice will be subject to the standard 30 day payment terms.
- Resumption of paused works is possible in accordance with the original schedule and costs as long as the project plan remained unaltered.
- Signify Digital operates a 50/50 payment plan for all limited time project work eg. website design whereby a quarter of the quoted cost is invoiced upon contract commencement and the remaining half is invoiced on completion.
- Signify Digital must receive full payment no later than 30 days after the date of any invoice. Signify Digital reserves the right to suspend or remove any (project or ongoing) services if we don’t hear from you regarding payment or to agree alternate payment arrangements during this time.
- If at any point during the Commission a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced at the rate of £50 / hour for work delivered to date on the project.
- All creative work produced and devised during a project(s), creative, digital, software files and related correspondence remain the property – physically, intellectually and in copyright, of Signify Digital ltd until full payment has been made on the Client’s account, and all project costs have been cleared.
- Signify Digital will endeavor to hold any project files, originals and materials for a period of up to 24 months should you wish to request additional digital copies.
- Information, data and materials provided to Signify Digital by or at the discretion of the client will be deemed to be confidential and will be the sole and exclusive property of the client. All client data held by Signify Digital during and post- commission will be stored securely and in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- Whilst tireless effort is always made to achieve agreed delivery dates, Signify Digital cannot accept liability or be held financially responsible for any targets or deadlines being missed.
- Once final proofs/materials have been signed off, Signify Digital cannot be held responsible financially or otherwise for any errors relating to print, programming or any end product.
- Signify Digital works hard to advise and establish secure and robust digital solutions. However Signify Digital cannot be held responsible for data loss, or any loss or delay in client data communications.
- It is the responsibility of the Client that all materials (including, but not limited to images, diagrams, logos, videos, data, as well as intellectual property in other media) supplied to LSignify Digital by the client will have the relevant copyrights, licenses and permissions for use in the commissioned project. Signify Digital cannot accept responsibility/liability for infringements caused by any wrongly supplied materials.
- Signify Digital reserves the right to commission freelance support, outsource any job, or utilise open-source or correctly licensed marketplace resources (e.g. third party plugins) if it is felt it is in the best interests of the Client. Any outsourced job remains the property/responsibility of Signify Digital and such services are deemed to be carried out ‘indirectly’ by us.
- As part of larger projects which involve 3rd parties commissioned directly by the client, Signify Digital will not be held responsible in any way for services not carried out/managed directly or indirectly by us.
- It remains the Client’s responsibility to seek copyright protection if desired for any creative/intellectual property provided to the Client by Signify Digital.
- The Client shall inspect the Works and each part thereof regularly and shall notify Signify Digital immediately if it wishes to reject any part or parts because such do not comply with the Commission or are defective in material and workmanship whereupon Signify Digital shall, if such defect is proved, be given 15 working days within which to remedy. If the Works are not rejected within 5 working days of delivery then the Client shall be deemed to accept the Works.
- Advice of any loss, quality or damage issues must be reported to Signify Digital within five clear working days of delivery and receipt (whether be printed or digital) and any claim in respect thereof must be made in writing to Signify Digital within 10 working days thereafter. The Company shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with.